Friday, March 4, 2011

Zoo Round 2!

We had a brief break in the rain and my body has been yearning for sunshine, (no really, my physician just informed me I have a Vitamin D deficiency....shocker!) so Kyle, Hailey and I packed it up and went the ZOO! This trip to the zoo was fabulous, Hailey was finally able to participate! She was pointing at all the animals (calling most of them "doggies") and laughing hysterically at the polar bear who appeared to be dancing! Also, it helped to have another parent on hand to help control her burst of tears and attempts to sprint through all the exhibits. We had a really great time!

Loved these Sea Lions! Amazing and HUGE!

This polar bear seemed to be putting on a show for us!
Hailey loved it!
Zebras, so pretty. Did you know they are one of the most dangerous animals of the zoo?
I guess they are pretty fierce creatures.

I spy...a hippo!
...and Elephants
Hailey was once again up close and personal with the  Orangutans.
I love her smile here!
  

Bundled up against the cold wind.
We had to ride a school bus to and from the zoo from a satellite parking lot because it was so full! I guess other Portland families were desperate for a day out of the house! Hailey was tired, can you tell?

2 comments:

Greg and Carly said...

What a cute little girl you have! Fun zoo trip and I would have never thought that about zebras! Crazy! But the sea lions looked awesome!

Nellieloue23 said...

Looks like so much fun! I can't wait for it to be summer around here (and there!)
Love you guys!