Thursday, March 31, 2011

Holla Dollar Store!!

Some days when Hailey and I are bored at home, we take a quick trip to our local dollar store down the road! Woot! I love the dollar store. Yes, most things are crap and not worth looking at, but you can find some secret treasures there! Here are a few of my most recent-

1.) Oil & Vinegar bottles: I love these pieces. I've been wanting a decorative oil jar for a long time, but most are $12-15. These are a little smaller and complement my other kitchen appliances. $1 each!
2.) Fillers: The blue & cream decorative pieces in these apocrathy jars were bought for $1. They fit perfectly!
3.) Spring chick: My favorite! This small chick used to be an ugly duckling until I got to her with some 'heirloom white' spray paint. Now she is a beauty! I am working on a spring project for my kitchen table with these little chickies...stay tuned!

4.) Herb Planter: I have never tried to grow my own herbs, so this is my first shot. I am suppose to grow Basil, Mint and Parsley in this little compartment. Those green shoots don't look like much, we'll see! It will be a fun experiment.


  5.) Faux Flowers: GASP! It's true, I am a fake flower user. I know it can look a little hokey, but I'm hoping by bunching them real close, they won't stand out horrendously. :) This hydrangea bunch was another great $1 find!
6.) Hard Rock Cafe-Maui Hurricane Glass: Dollar store find? NO WAY. I was just reminiscing about our Hawaii trip with my Maui glass....ahhh paradise.

I love the Dollar Store!

1 comment:

Bethany Sines said...

okay can i just say that in our house my very favorite glass coca cola cups are from the dollar store as well as some beautiful hydrangeas as well! haha. how cool! seriously, i've been proven wrong about my dollar store prejudices over and over again-it never ceases to amaze me. but some things still suck there. : )