I'm willing Spring to come...can you tell?
Anyway, I've thought about being more honest with myself and others recently. Too many times I will agree with people's opinions or say "yes" to a task that I feel uncomfortable with, just be please others. I bet a lot of women do this, and I feel like it takes more effort to "fake" some things, than it would be to just be open and honest about how I feel about it. So to kick off my commitment of full disclosure, here are 11 things I've never said out loud...
1.) I wear sweat pants and a long sleeved shirt with a black vest everyday. No, I'm serious.
2.) I hate that my body doesn't look like it did before I was pregnant.
3.) I do not know as much about politics as you may think I do.
4.) Although I act aloof, I do follow most celebrity gossip.
5.) I complain and cry far too much, I really have a good life.
6.) I have a fear of being pregnant again. I did not enjoy it at all.
7.) I try to be optimistic, but I am terrified to run Hood to Coast this fall.
8.) I foolishly get frustrated when teenagers don't see the "bigger picture".
9.) I do not love living in Portland.
10.) I avoid having phone conversations in the middle of the day while Hailey is awake. It's just too hard to focus. Email me.
11.) I do think I have a pretty smile, thank you for saying so!
Your turn...be honest!
4 comments:
becca we are SO on the same wave length. i have a blog post almost exactly like this that's sitting there saved as a draft cause i'm too chicken to come out with all my self-actualization-honesty confessions. if i post them then i have to live by them! my secrets will be out! secrets that apparently we share, like avoiding phone calls in the afternoon cause it's so dang inconvenient to talk to people. haha. anyway, i really appreciated reading this. : )
1. I know you do! and it's okay! There are days when I hurry and put a bra and jeans on right before Scott comes home.
2. Oh bodies. boo. Here's mine- I've gained weight since Samuel came home. Isn't supposed to be the opposite?
3. Me either!
4. Me too!
5. I think it's okay to vent. :)
6. I didn't mind being pregnant but I'm terrified of having another kid. I don't know if I can have two- especially if the 2nd was anything like Samuel's birth.
7. I know you will do great! I bought a jogging stroller but I don't use it enough so good job!
8. I feel like this about Scott sometimes. (!) whoops...
9. Why? I'm so curious about this one! You should just come live in Utah with me!
10. Uhhh....we've known this for EVER! You hate the phone. I love you though!
11. You are so beautiful!
Did you think it was weird that I just went through your list? Tell the truth! just kidding!
Can this possibly be the longest comment in the world? Mine is this- I love being a mom and I have a lot of fun during the day but I LOVE 6:30-7pm: saying goodnight to Sam.
BEEZA KEEZA!
becca! so why don't you love living in portland? i'm curious on that one. just because i remember you being so excited to get back there when all was done in provo. i'm only curious because i'm wondering if moving back 'home' wont be as glorious as i'm hoping for it to be once we graduate this semester.
I always love posts like this. I learned so much about you! Don't be afraid of pregnancy, be afraid of having more than 1 child! And I, too, hate living in the rainy nw.... too bad I might have to move to a somewhere worse!
Love ya!
Post a Comment