Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving

I didn't get as many pictures as I'd have liked to, my camera battery died pretty quickly once the feast started! We had a really fun Thanksgiving Day, with tons of family! My mother-in-law hosted the large event, and we had over 30 Monsons together! It was fantastic! The food was plentiful, and delicious! We had 2 turkeys, 10 lbs of potatoes, candied yams, giant rolls, a wide variety of green bean casseroles, and 5 pies! Each time the Monson family gets together we have a brief moment before the prayer for "family announcements", which includes engagements, new jobs, pregnancies, baptisms, etc! I'll just say we had plenty of fun announcements last week! :)

This was our Monson Thankful Tree. Everyone helped fill it up, we had some funny 'thankfuls' such as "cheese-its", "saltines", "my smokin'-hot wife!", "candy", and several lovey messages to one another from the fiance's in the crowd! :)
Table setting, we tried for a little decoration this year!
Family!
 Miles slicing up one of the turkeys. 
 Delicious food!
 Derek, Kyle, Eliza, Troy, Grandpa & Grandma enjoying a little football after the feast! 

No comments: