Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Great Wolf Lodge

We live in a ward full of young families, and they are always sharing the amazing deals and family activities they do in this area. One such opportunity was a HUGELY discounted rate for a family suite at Great Wolf Lodge, in Washington. We purchased it and since we couldn't fill it ourselves, we invited my mom, sister,  plus a friend to come! They shared the cost with us, so it ended up being a really good deal for the six of us!

I have never seen a water park like this one. It is massive, and all indoor! The suites are cabin-inspired, and everything was very clean and festive. We stayed for one night, and played for two days! It is something we will definitely want to do again next year!



 Down the slide-- she was hesitant, but we could tell she really wanted to try it!
 They had a toddler area that was perfect for Hailey. I love her face in this picture, I hope you can see it!
 Trying to spray daddy with water!
 Stephanie and her best pal Kristen enjoyed it as well.  
 I insisted that Hailey take a ten minute break every couple hours because her fingers and lips were turning blue! She didn't seem cold, and had a lot of energy, but it still made me nervous, so we wrapped her up in several towels for a few minutes.
 All cozy after a long day of play!
 Day 2!
The wading area by the wave pool had these little fountains. Hailey loved running between them and swatting at the water.
 The girls really enjoyed the wave pool, as did we. It would really toss you around if you weren't careful! 
Standing in front of the pool. This was just one corner of the entire site. I was also impressed with just how many lifeguards they had on duty at the lodge. This pool had 6 monitoring it at all times! Bravo!!
We were trying to get a shot of the giant spider made of balloons they had hanging from the entrance hall. We only got half as you can tell! It was Halloween themed while we were visiting the lodge, the kids even got to go trick-or-treating!
 
We had to get a picture with this bear before we left! We had a really great time. I was surprised Hailey lasted so long in the water park. Thanks to my mom who watched her our first night for a couple hours so Kyle and I could take Steph and Kristen on some of the adult rides. There was one called 'The Hurricane' that was intense! I nearly lost my voice, and I couldn't believe Steph wanted to ride it over and over! 

2 comments:

Danielle said...

how fun! we love that place too!

Shera said...

That looks like a blast!