Saturday, June 26, 2010

I'm a good mom.

This morning I got up with my teething baby at 12:30, 1:30, 4:30 and 6:30 a.m. to comfort her back to sleep.
I'm a good mom.

At breakfast, my baby threw every piece of cut up pear on our carpet as I tried to feed her. I persisted and we spent a 1/2 hour at the table to get 5 bites in.
I'm a good mom.

I forgave Hailey for peeing on myself, the kitchen floor and her pajamas at 4:30 a.m.
I'm a good mom.

At the park I won the wrestling match between baby, myself and the sunscreen lotion-and came out with only minor scrapes.
I'm a good mom.

I brightly sang "The Wheels on the Bus" in the middle of the grocery store to calm my fussy baby in front of 8 customers shopping the bread isle. No record deals were offered.
I'm a good mom.

Tonight I looked my baby in the eyes and told her how beautiful she was, and how much I loved her.
I'm a good mom.

Today, I was a good mom. And everyday I'm trying to be a better mom. I don't think we mom's recognize this enough in ourselves. Our little victories are something to be commended and recognized! So think about it, what are the little reasons YOU are a good mom?!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. And very true. You are a wonderful mom! I agree that it is important to give ourselves credit for the small things, otherwise life as a mom gets overwhelming very quickly.

The Barlows said...

You are a fantastic Mom! Way to be patient! Amen to giving ourselves credit! By the way, weird question: do you even remember me from fifth year at girls camp? LOL! I totally remember you and how much fun we had in camp committee and I remember thinking how funny it was when I found your blog that you ended up marrying Kyle because we grew up in the same ward. Anyway, great post, I need to do one like this to reinforce all the good things I do.

Shera said...

I love this!! You are a great mom!!