
Weight: 9 lbs 5 oz (75 % for age group)
Height: 20 inches (75% for age group)
Hailey's checkup went great! She is growing, gaining weight and filling out those cheeks! She is squirming a lot more these days and enjoys being awake and staring at our faces for long periods of time. She grunts and groans to tell us she is upset or having indigestion. She is overall a very calm baby, and often sighs to show her contentment. Her bedtime is all over the place, but she does sleep 3-4 hours at a time in the evening. Occasionally after her 4 a.m. feeding she wants to stay up and hang out. I'm not sure how to convince her that she should go back to sleep. So we have VERY early starts to our day. Daddy got the first smile out of her this last week and it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!!!! There is nothing like realizing your baby is happy under your care. I hope we see more of her smiles as she grows! Last night I could swear I heard her laugh out loud in her sleep. Just one loud giggle then she was silent again....how funny!
Hailey definitely knows when she is being held and when she is alone in a room. I'm constantly trying to soothe her from the kitchen by talking out loud to her while I'm cooking/cleaning etc. Although tiring, it is sweet to see how she calms down once I pick her up after she's been fussing and crying. She also likes to be entertained. She loves her swing and staring at the plush fish that hang above her head. She'll silently stare up at me when I talk and sing to her. She seems to know when she is getting attention.
Hailey has a bad case of 'baby acne'. It looks like a bad rash all over her face, chest and head but the doctor confirmed that it was simply acne that should disappear within a few weeks. Hopefully she gets all that acne out now rather than getting it as a teenager! :)
We love watching how she grows and the new things she does each week! Way to go our little bug, we love you!
4 comments:
Alex had acne and it just went away around 2.5 months. It was great!
She is so so so cute. I want to stop by this weekend, if you are going to be home. Let me know.
so cute! Sounds like you are really enjoying motherhood, that is great.
It is so cute when they laugh isn't it. McKenna did that a lot, it was so funny.
Post a Comment