After visiting the doctor yesterday afternoon I got some VERY surprising news. I've been having slight contractions the last few days (they've felt like cramps--not real contractions) although I am not dilated or beginning labor at all. Baby and I are healthy and safe, and it doesn't appear that she is trying to escape early...but I have been put on bed rest for the next week. Already!? I couldn't believe it, I'm only 33 1/2 weeks! I was in labor and delivery all yesterday afternoon after having such severe lower back and pelvic pain that it was difficult to stand and walk. The nurses did a good job of testing for EVERYTHING and making sure the baby was fine. She is doing great, moving around still and seems oblivious to the fact that my uterus is contracting. haha :)
I was tested for liver and kidney problems, and my tests came back normal--mostly...my OBGYN decided to run a few extra tests because of some slight abnormalities in the original tests. I won't get those results until tomorrow afternoon.
Hopefully-my tests will come back to show that I have a simple kidney infection--which is VERY treatable. All I'll need is some penicillen and the contractions should stop. If it is not a kidney infection, then I will have to stay on bedrest until my contractions stop and they can find out whats causing them so early.
So I'm home-bound, and fairly restricted in what I am allowed to do, which means I will have a lot of time for reading, planning, maybe some laundry and what else...blogging--yay!! :)
4 comments:
I am glad everything is okay!! Just enjoy your week in bed, because once your little baby is here, things will change!! I can't believe you are already 33-1/2 weeks. She will be here before you know it. So exciting!!
hopefully it is nothing too serious, but at least the baby is okay so that is good. Don't get too bored while you are on bed rest.
I am so glad you and the little one are well and I hope that your test results come back okay! Have a good time relaxing!!
I am sure everything will be ok. Sounds like the baby is fine and that is good to hear. We are excited for the two of you and soon to be three. Take care of yourself and know that we love you. Grandma M.
Post a Comment