Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Update!

We've been busy this summer! Everything is going well with the little one--it must be, because I gained 10 pounds in one month! gah! Luckily, it has slowed down but I was worried I'd be in trouble with the doctor if I continued to gain that much weight the rest of the third trimester! I know there is another growth spurt coming--but I'm determined to make that all BABY--and no more BECCA! ha, we'll see how that goes! I'm pretty much left to the mercy of whatever food makes me feel well, which generally is good healthy food...but hello--I'm only human, and pregnant!! So as this cartoon describes, I've been enjoying my share of chocolate ice cream! YUM!


I'm coming up on 32 weeks (Monday) and go in for another check up! News I'm bringing the doctor includes...

1.) My baby must have nine legs because I get kicks and pushes on each side of my belly-at the same time....she must be head butting me on the other side...?!

2.) One of her favorite past times is wedging her little feet inbetween my ribs on my right side! I'm constantly pushing my hand against her little feet, encouraging her to move elsewhere...what fun!

3.) Despite the heat, I stay at a fairly even temperature during the day--but for some reason I turn into a furnace at night and wake up sweating in the middle of the night! What?!--am I doing aerobic workouts in my sleep?! I have get up to splash cold water over my face, hands, arms...everywhere!

4.) I'm EXTREMELY curious about labor....and I'm sure I'll just get more curious as the weeks progress. Just HOW painful are contractions?! Will I know when its time to go to the hospital? When will they give me an epidural (I'm no hero)...? Do I really want a mirror showing me everything thats going on "down there" while I'm struggling to push? Will my adorable husband be able to handle everything that day!? Will I be able to handle everything?!

5.) I'm going through about a bottle of antacids every 3-4 weeks...this is safe, right?! Darn this heartburn! Does anyone know if Costco sells these in LARGE tubs!?

So here we go! Only 8 more weeks left! We are moving next month to a larger apartment to fit everything our little baby girl will need when she arrives! We are sticking around Provo/Orem...we hope to move near the end of August!

Other than pregnancy excitement, I'm still working full time at RE/MAX. Things are going....and I'm hoping soon (likely beginning of September) corporate will begin transitioning me to a part time position as they hire a new office manager! Whoo hoo!

Kyle is anxiously looking for an internship to complete his degree this fall and looking forward to taking his LAST THREE CLASSES! Yipee!! I dont' know who is more excited...me, or him!!!

My little brother Daniel will be joining us here in Provo in the fall on a FULL scholorship at BYU! He is planning to study Chemical Engineering-(I can't believe we're related)-. He is a smart guy and will do GREAT here! Yay!

Hopefully I'll be better at updating this blog, I know life is only about to get MORE hectic! Can't wait!!!!

5 comments:

The Barlows said...

Glad you are healthy!! Can't believe that you only have 8 weeks left!! Hope everything goes well with your job, moving and hopefully Kyle will find an internship soon!!!

Courtney B said...

So, I am being a blog stalker and found your blog on a friends (don't know if you know me, but i knew kyle in high school and from church) and I am being nosy about your labor curiosity. I just had a baby 3 weeks ago (today) and I am soooo very into birth, almost obsessed, I love it. You can check out my blog to read my birth story if you feel so inclined :)
Congrats with everything. Babies are amazing!!!

Darm Family said...

Oh Becca, you are going to do great! Don't stress over labor. Just go with the flow and everything will work out how it is supposed to. You will know what you need to do. I am glad that you are starting to feel better. I can't wait to see your little girl (I bet you can't either).
Congrats though to Kyle for finishing school. And a BIG congrats to Daniel for the full scholarship to BYU! That is a huge accomplishment.

Mikael said...

yay!!! 8 more weeks! that is AWESOME! YOu are at the home stretch. I love reading prego blogs because it makes me NOT want to have another baby, and that is a good thing right now.
I am not sure I would say I LOVE birth (like courtney B), who LOVES PAIN???? But it is not hard AT ALL with the epidural! GET IT!!! it ROCKS. It is actually very anti-climactic with the drugs.
but after that baby comes out you will be on cloud 9. the days in the hospital with the new little one is the best. I think that moment is the only reason I would opt to have a baby in the next 5 yrs!

Danielle said...

don't stress at all about labor-you'll do awesome! And the nurses are always great about helping you with knowing what to do. I LOVED the epidural. I also loved having the mirror because with little/or no feeling down there it helped me realize if I was actually pushing well or not (plus it was really cool to see the baby coming out).

When it comes right down to it, you'll figure out what YOU want. Just enjoy that sweet baby-nothing else really matters in the long run. :)