Monday, August 24, 2009

Baby Quilt & Dreams

Our little butterfly girl is due in 4 weeks from today! I haven't been feeling any Braxton-Hicks contractions (I think-) although I keep expecting them. However, I am feeling rather SORE from carrying this little girl around!

I had a funny nightmare (oxymoron?) last night. I dreamt we had just had our baby and I was trying to catch a train with her in tow. We were at the train station when I realized that I hadn't feed her since we'd left the hospital! She was way past due to eat but was sleeping so quietly I hadn't realized it! I then tried finding a bathroom where I could feed her but everytime I turned to what I thought was the women's restroom, it would be some sort of classroom with 30 kids staring at me. I was asking everyone I saw if they knew where a restroom was but no one could give me a direction! I was racing everywhere through the train station desperatley trying to find SOMEWHERE I could feed my new baby but there was NOWHERE for me to go! After realizing we'd missed our train, I turned to my last resort which was a shower room (why was that in a train station?) where I sat down and of course, as soon as I did--the showers sprang on and my little newborn and I were drenched. My little baby started crying and I knew she was desperate to be fed (and now wet) and I felt like the worst mother in the world.

I woke up about the time I finally found a costume room (again, in a train station?) where I could feed my baby!

Hopefully this scenario doesn't play out once she is actually HERE. The dream was bad enough!

In reality, things are going great! My mother-in-law Karen finished the baby quilt she made for us and I love it! She is SO talented and I'm so excited to wrap our baby in it! My family is coming into town to send Daniel into the college realm this week. I'm taking a couple days off to spend time with them! Whoo hoo!

4 comments:

Courtney B said...

i had dreams like that when i was pregnant. i had one where i had no clothes for the baby so i had to take my baby in just a diaper to old navy to buy clothes (why old navy? i don't know) and i had to do this before i left for work, which i was going back to the day after he was born. it was a stressful and scary dream.
so, i think it's normal. he's always been clothed and i didn't have to go back to work :)

good luck! get rest!!!

Candace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mikael said...

I LOVE the quilt! isn't Karen SUPER talented! We are lucky to have such a good mother in law.
I can't wait for your baby to come, I am sure you can't wait either :)

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

Holy crazy dream!!! That's insane :) Hope the move is going well.