Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Kyle's 1/2 Marathon

Kyle completed his first big race last Saturday! He has been training hard and is really loving getting up and running in the early mornings. He ran the Provo River Half Marathon and did AMAZING. He came in at 1 hr 36 minutes and placed 120th out of 1800 runners. I was so proud of him. He is looking forward to finding time to train and run a full marathon--but may have a baby on his hands soon so we'll see! Great job babe, you are such a stud! Hopefully sometime soon I can join you in a race! although much farther behind.... :)

This picture is at 5:00 a.m. when I dropped Kyle off at the buses! I slept for the next two hours in the car...

About 7:00 a.m. when I picked a nice spot to sit and wait to cheer Kyle in!

This was the same scene about 30 minutes later! 1800 runner's families and friends!

Kyle and his trainer (who also happens to be our Bishop) after the race-!

Kyle's stats! He ran 13.1 miles in 1 hour 36 minutes. He was 18th in his age group and came in 120th out of 1800 runners! Whew!


Pancakes afterwards

And of course I have to add this lovely picture. Keep in mind I was up at 5 and sleeping in a car for 2 hours that morning! :) Here I am at 34 weeks! (Our countdown chain is in the background)

4 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

We made the chain too! It is so fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed that you were ABLE to sleep in the car for 2 hours. I can barely sleep in my bed for 2 hours at this point.

jeannine said...

Congradulations Kyle. That is so neat. You look so trim and fit. Rebecca you look great also and soon you will be running also maybe not with Kyle but after that little great granddaughter of ours. Can't wait for her to get here. Good luck for the next month. We are praying for everthing to go smooth. Love Ya,

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

Yay Kyle!! Ryan was so excited about that time of yours! Pretty fast :)