
Saturday we went to my first ever rodeo! Pleasant Grove is celebrating
their annual "Strawberry Days" week, and as I work for the city, I was able to get some discount tickets! It was a good day. I worked at our new facility giving tours and trying to figure out the new computer system in the afternoon, then Kyle and I went to
Applebees for dinner...we had the best appetizer, yum! We then made our way to the rodeo grounds, and tried to get comfortable on the metal bleacher seats--! The
pre-rodeo entertainment was the most hilarious thing I have seen. The program said there would be "Mutton
Bustin"-- but I had no idea what that meant, until I saw it. They had 2-8 yea-old girls and boys riding sheep like cowboys... and those sheep are fast! Some of them even had chaps that matched with
their cowboy hats and toddler wranglers. We got some of the kids on video, it was seriously the funniest thing I've seen in a while. It was a fun night, we saw the bareback and saddle riders along with some horse races and the bull riding of course! I think Kyle and I looked a little out of place as we sat by some hardcore cowboys that night. It was a fun experience to remember!



No comments:
Post a Comment