Admit it. There are too many times where your busy life, responsibilities, and perhaps children cause you to forget that you are somebody's spouse, companion, and great love. Well, Kyle and I are both guilty of this lately. It is both of our faults. I like to spend my down time relaxing in bubble baths, watching my favorite Netflix shows, shopping, and crafting. Kyle has been playing basketball 4-5 nights of the week, been very busy with church callings and many late work meetings. We've just gotten out of sync with one another.
Well thankfully we changed this with a GREAT date night! Kyle first brought home 24 roses for me, and they are some of the best flowers I've gotten! He told me to get dressed in my finest, and drove me downtown to my favorite restaurant, Cheesecake Factory! The wait time was an hour, but we didn't care! We spent the time window shopping, talking, laughing and being TOGETHER after too much time apart. While we sat and waited for our table, we ordered a strawberry lemonade to share from the bar. The extra sugar on the glass rim was delish!
Once we were seated, we both ordered our huge meals, mine- 'Lemon Herb Chicken', him-'Cajun Jambalaya Pasta'. We ate slow, made frequent comments on how good our meals were, and then ordered cheesecake dessert to enjoy at home!
I forget sometimes how much I love my husband,
just for being my husband. This date helped me see past his daily roles as a father, provider, and dishwasher (he's the best). He is my husband, companion, and the most important person in my life. Thank you for
date night Kyle!
1 comment:
Sounds like an amazing date night! We are terrible about going on dates. I just can't bring myself to spend money on a date and then money on a babysitter, too. Only for special occasions!
Post a Comment