Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Child's Prayer

Perhaps the SWEETEST words I've ever heard come from my daughter's mouth was her very first prayer this week. Kyle and I have been practicing with her, but most of the time she just repeats what we say. We were both completely surprised when one day Kyle told us at dinner, "Time for prayer!" and Hailey said, "I do it!"

So she did. It was short, sweet, and she smiled the whole way through it. It went something like this...

"Dear Heeffenly Fodder, thank you for this day, thank you for the dinner, thank you for our family, thank you for our drink. In name of Jesus Christ, AAAAAAAmen!"

It was adorable. I love her tender heart, and willingness to try prayer at only 2-years-old! Since then, she has asked to pray at very random times, like in the car on the way to the doctor, or while watching a movie on the couch. I never say no, I love to hear her prayers, and the more the better! She even thanked Heavenly Father for 'mommy' one time, ahh!! 

There is no greater joy!

1 comment:

The Barlows said...

So, so preious! Thank you for sharing such a sweet story!