We had a great Memorial Day weekend. We went to my parent's house and grilled dinner twice! After the feasts, we went to work in our yard and burn off all those potato chips! When we moved in, there was just barkdust spread across the backyard area. Well, in Portland that won't work. It rains for days, then the barkdust turns to mud, and I don't want little Hailey footprints on our new carpet and floors. She desperately needs space to play outside, so we decided to seed the yard for grass!
Hailey helped of course.
We borrowed Grandpa Monson's tiller. We have some hard mud that has the consistency of clay less than a foot below the top soil. That made me nervous, but I hear it's pretty typical of the NW. Hopefully our grass seedlings are tough!
I seeded the yard by hand. We tried to even it out a little bit.
My parents heard I was trying to beautify and make use of our backyard so they gave us 5 raspberry stalks from their yard, and about 8 strawberry plants! Kyle is so excited to be able to pick fresh fruit next year! Thanks mom and dad!
I wanted a flowering plant, and we have a lot of shade in our yard, so we went to Fred Meyer and got a Endless Summer Hydrangea. I love the blue/purple color!
Lastly, Kyle put our flag up. I was so excited, I've always wanted a little home with a little post to hang my flag. I've had this flag since my freshman year in college, and I hung it anywhere I could find space. I love it!
Happy Memorial Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment