The first week of May Kyle and I headed to Bend, OR from a two night getaway for our 3rd anniversary! On our first anniversary, Miles and Karen took us to Maui with the entire family. Then on our second anniversary, while we were living with my in-laws, we scrounged up some extra money and spent a couple days in Salem, OR. We went hiking at Silver Falls and shopping in Woodburn. So, it has become somewhat of a tradition to take a brief hiatus from house, work, and mommy/daddy duties to regain a strong appreciation of our marriage.
This year we went to the Sunriver Resort. It is a beautiful grassland area with a lot of wildlife. The first day we went, (Wednesday) was awesome! We biked, ate good food, relaxed by the fire, and saw a herd of wild elk jump a fence! It was looking to be a great vacation....until the stomach flu hit. :(
Day 1: Traveling through the Deschutes Forest
Mt. Jefferson
We stopped in Sisters, OR for lunch. It was such a warm day!
We walked along the boardwalk of Sisters...
and got ice cream to go!
These are the three mountains aptly named "Sisters".
Wednesday early afternoon, we arrive at the entrance of the resort!
Our Room
We had this fantastic private patio that faced the grassland. It was so relaxing!
Enjoying the sun.
Reading up on the activities to do in Sunriver.
One of the first things we did at the resort was rent bikes. They had a paved path for several miles that we rode in the late afternoon.
Me on my bike!
This is the wild herd of elk we saw up close as they were jumping over a fence to get away from a predator! Really!
This is the so-named predator, a little coyote! He was following the herd about 400 yards back.
As the sun set, we went swimming and to the indoor hot tubs at the Sage Springs.
Then we ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant on the grounds of the resort, and headed back to our room for some R&R.
I loved the fireplace in our room! I didn't think it gave off a lot of heat though, it seemed to be more for aesthetic appeal. This was also the last good memory I have of our trip before I was overcome with the WORST stomach flu I have EVER had. I woke up Thursday morning at 7 a.m. sick....and was "sick" (for lack of a better word) every 2 hours until 10 p.m. that evening. I never left my bed. Poor Kyle was trapped most of the day with me, except when he went out to get food, and went on some bike rides.
Day 2: No pictures please!
Day 3: This picture is from Friday, the morning we had to leave the resort and I still hadn't eaten anything. We stopped in Woodburn to get some dessert apples from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Company.
Day 4: Almost 48 hours later, I was feeling well enough to eat a good sized meal. I lost 8-pounds over those three days, about half of that from being so dehydrated. Kyle took me to Red Robin and I hate half a burger and some fries, and boy did it taste GOOD!
Mommy and Hailey, after I was feeling "ahhhll bedder" (in Hailey's words).
I'm glad we did a lot that first day of our anniversary trip. It really was a fun day, and I grew even more appreciative of my wonderful husband as he sat by my bedside while I was sick. I told him over and over to go out and have some fun, to go kayaking or horseback riding without me. He just told me he'd rather be relaxing with me in our little room. What a guy, Happy Anniversary babe! Where to go next year!?
3 comments:
aww man! what a way to spend your anniversary! glad you got to enjoy at least part of it and that kyle was so awesome to stick by you for most of it. :)
OH my GOSH becca!! 8 lbs!? that is an insane amount of weight. ya know, a similar thing happened to me when we were in idaho. we went swimming at Heise at the hot springs and later that night i was sicker than a dog. I was so dehydrated and throwing up so badly that i passed out during a priesthood blessing and started twitching. haha. it's funny now but back then it was horrible. and it sounds like you had it that badly too. so maybe when you went in the hot tub you ingested some nasty water or something?? and by the way, i'm super impressed that after feeling so sick you could down a burger and fries! : ) my stomach's always so sensitive for like, a week after the sickness. anyway, i'm glad you're better. and i'm glad you at least had SOME days when you had fun!
"R and R" is that what you're calling it now? just kidding becca! Love you! So sorry you got sick!
Post a Comment