Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hailey the Toddler!

Hailey is so funny lately. It must be part of this toddler stage, when she starts mimicking, imitating and trying to recreate our actions. Lately this includes walking around with a bag over her arm like a purse, talking nonsense words into a cell phone that is pressed against the back of her neck (she hasn't quite figured out it goes on your ear), and sitting down with a good book to "read". She has also learned to dance-that is, tossing her head back and forth and moving her shoulders a bit. And just yesterday she started walking backwards! Ha! Now, it might not sound exciting, but to see the look on her face when she realized she was moving backwards was hysterical, I wish I had caught it on video! She is saying a lot of words now as well, and I realized I haven't documented them yet SO...

Words Hailey says:
daddy
ball
bye-bye
whoa!
wow-wow (yes this is how she usually says it)
night
done
uh-oh (1st word!)
hi

Words Hailey attempts to say:
cheese
ducky
doggie
book

Words Hailey does not say:
Mommy, Momma, Mom :( Why am I left out?!


The list grows daily now. She mostly walks around the house making up sentences you can't understand, but it sure is cute. Can you tell I'm anxiously waiting for her first "mommy" to be spoken? I feel like she should be saying it by now, she is almost 14 months! But I will be patient...

Another new trick of Hailey's is to yell and SCREAM for our attention whenever she deems it necessary. This includes our home, the grocery store, the very quiet library, sacrament meeting, and my favorite- in the car when you're trapped with the screams and no way to escape!

This time is a lot of fun for the three of us. A lot of playing, laughing, screaming (on Hailey's part) and exhausting up-keep (mommy's part).

3 comments:

Mikael said...

I look at those pictures and I think to myself "they would look SOOO much better now".. but you guys are ALWAYS CUTE!!!
Again.. I gotta get pics of hailey in the next couple weeks!!!! Let me know when :)

Allison said...

This post makes me sad because it means that Hailey is getting too big! But so so cute!

Anonymous said...

This truly is such a fun age. I think it is also so special with your first because you are just in awe of everything they do. It's a little bit different with the next one but still my favorite stage. ENJOY IT!!!