I'm backtracking as I've been neglecting all the photos on my camera from the last two weeks!
This Halloween Hailey was the perfect size to wear a very special costume, one that I wore 25 years ago, which was created and sewn by my mom! It is such a special costume because almost all my siblings have worn it, its unique, funny, and seems to be an omen of the future....
the SKUNK!
I wore this costume when I was 10 months old. Ironically, about ten years later, I was sprayed by a skunk only three feet away while walking home from a babysitting job in my old neighborhood in Indiana. I thought it was a stray cat that frequented our house and when I bent down to pet it....well, it let loose! It was awful, the skunk's "gas" stained the siding of our white painted home, we had to leave all our windows open in the middle of winter for days, and I had to throw out all the clothes I'd been wearing at the time (my favorite sweater)! It was so bad that I called my mom from school the following day begging her to pick me up because all the kids at the lunch table were talking about how they could smell a "skunk"....well that was ME!
The joke continued throughout high school and when I made the Varsity Golf team, my parents gave me a skunk golf cover for my driver...haha. I have never lived that down, hopefully Hailey doesn't share the same fate!
At the Halloween party with daddy, the "P.U. Exterminator"
Check out that tail!!
Trunk or Treating with Steph, the bumblebee.
First candy!
Our family pumpkins
3 comments:
Oh my gosh! I have never heard that story! Poor little Beeza! But Hailey looks adorable!
One of my most favorite stories! I love the skunk costume. She looks so cute!
Love your pumpkins! Wow!
Post a Comment