Thats right, you heard correctly. Our little family has had quite the last two weeks. Kyle started it...with a nasty cold that turned into a fever, then into a terrible sinus infection for which he was prescribed antibiotics and even pain killers! About two days into his infection, Hailey spent 2 1/2 days on little more than 5 hours sleep. She had a fever that rose to 101.4, dropped quickly (thank goodness) and is still mostly a walking pool of teary eyes, and running mucus. Poor girl...
About two days after sleepless nights with Hailey, and Kyle out of commission, I began the cycle of sickness that started with a sore throat and flu symptoms, and grew into a low fever and congestion, and then into a painful sinus infection.
So we have all been a mess this last week. We got through Thanksgiving, although we couldn't taste any of our delicious dishes at the Monson's house...bummer! At least we didn't have to worry about eating too much. I am happy to report that Kyle is now feeling 100% as of this morning, so that means Hailey will be fully recovered in two days, and myself in four. We have all been pretty healthy this year so I guess it was our time!

I never realized how difficult it is to have a sick toddler, let alone a sick household!!
No comments:
Post a Comment