
Christmas is coming! I realized that I haven't reported on Thanksgiving, but I will get that updated soon! As for my post-surgery recovery; everything is going great! I'm almost at three weeks and I feel good! My scars are healing...but my belly button still looks a little distorted (lovely image I know). I'm hoping that will look normal again within a couple months.
Currently I am all about Christmas! Kyle has been serving in the Young Men's organization and with that has come some perks! I got to attend the Wednesday night mutual activity with an extra ticket to go see "The Forgotten Carols". I loved this! I thought it was funny, well written and the music was fantastic! It got me into the Christmas spirit and I haven't stopped celebrating since! We also had a great dinner at Magalbys. I've never had file minyon anywhere before and it was part of the meal that was offered for the group. Well I was only about two weeks out of surgery at that point and due to my strict diet I hadn't had any kind of meat for the past three weeks. Optimistically I thought, "Oh, this will be great! File Minyon is the leanest beef you can eat so I probably won't have any problems digesting it!" Wrong.
Yes-- I now know that file minyon is the fattiest beef you can eat, but only found out after I took a bite of the meat and exclaimed to Kyle how tender it was. He looked at me and told me that was because it is the animal fat that makes it so tender. GREAT.
So Kyle ate my steak that night and I enjoyed a side of potatoes. :) Yum.
We haven't participated in many Christmas festivities yet, but I'm checking some fun things to do around here until we leave for Oregon on the 20th. I have however gone SHOPPING! Whoo! That got me in a great Christmas mood and I am almost finished. My dear husband however hasn't even begun. He will finish with finals on Wednesday and is planning on spending some time shopping afterwards.
I love this season. It is my favorite next to Independence Day. I am so grateful for the opportunities I have to visit family and friends and serve those around me. I am grateful for my primary children and their quiet (and sometimes not so quiet) faith. I love my Savior and his companionship. I know He lives.

Currently I am all about Christmas! Kyle has been serving in the Young Men's organization and with that has come some perks! I got to attend the Wednesday night mutual activity with an extra ticket to go see "The Forgotten Carols". I loved this! I thought it was funny, well written and the music was fantastic! It got me into the Christmas spirit and I haven't stopped celebrating since! We also had a great dinner at Magalbys. I've never had file minyon anywhere before and it was part of the meal that was offered for the group. Well I was only about two weeks out of surgery at that point and due to my strict diet I hadn't had any kind of meat for the past three weeks. Optimistically I thought, "Oh, this will be great! File Minyon is the leanest beef you can eat so I probably won't have any problems digesting it!" Wrong.
Yes-- I now know that file minyon is the fattiest beef you can eat, but only found out after I took a bite of the meat and exclaimed to Kyle how tender it was. He looked at me and told me that was because it is the animal fat that makes it so tender. GREAT.
So Kyle ate my steak that night and I enjoyed a side of potatoes. :) Yum.
We haven't participated in many Christmas festivities yet, but I'm checking some fun things to do around here until we leave for Oregon on the 20th. I have however gone SHOPPING! Whoo! That got me in a great Christmas mood and I am almost finished. My dear husband however hasn't even begun. He will finish with finals on Wednesday and is planning on spending some time shopping afterwards.
I love this season. It is my favorite next to Independence Day. I am so grateful for the opportunities I have to visit family and friends and serve those around me. I am grateful for my primary children and their quiet (and sometimes not so quiet) faith. I love my Savior and his companionship. I know He lives.
"Then let us all with one accord
Sing praises to our heavenly Lord
That hath made Heaven and earth of nought
And with his blood mankind has bought.
Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel
Born is the King of Israel!"

1 comment:
I'm glad the surgery went well and you are feeling better.
Post a Comment