Friday, December 19, 2008

Lately

Thanksgiving- Thanksgiving was great! Kyle's family came into town the night after my surgery and we spent the weekend playing games and eating...well the family ate, I picked at what I could handle. I was feeling pretty good the entire week-the post-surgery pain meds get all the credit for that! I did get sleepy and dazed on the medication though so don't take these pictures at face value! I especially like the puffy faced, drowsy eyed photo of myself with Kyle's mom and aunt at the bottom. Oh yuck!



Migraine Central-I don't know why or how or what is going on but I have been getting headaches about 3-4 times a week in the last month or so! What is going on!? Somebody tell me this is not normal and I don't have to accept this. I am trying to detect any patterns in my habits when the headache hits and I'm finding this: 1. Eating an early dinner (4 or 5 p.m.) and feeling symptoms right before bed (9-10 p.m.) and waking up the next morning with a incredibly painful headache and nausea. 2. Before, during and after my monthly visit from mother nature. 3. After working a long day (usually when I'm working late nights as well). These headaches consist of one sided moderate to severe pressure or throbbing and are usually accompanied by some nausea.

Ok these are just a few of the patterns I've detected. I realize that my "causes" appear to be obvious reasons for a migraine-- but come on!This frequent? Maybe once in a while but this is too much! Anyway, it is just after 8 A.M. and I am so tired but can't sleep because the left side of my brain feels like it has a permanent bruise.

I've eaten some toast and downed a couple Excedrin (my mom recommended that--anyone find anything that works better?) but the migraine lives on...Any suggestions? I never use to get headaches like this. If what I read from google is true, migraines are a hereditary neurological disease--which may explain the why. Both mom and grandma get them fairly often. Who knows!

I need some relief. You know I still have some Percocet left from the surgery...

Thanks for listening bloggers, and any good advice is welcome!

Christmas Plans- Let's end on a good note yeah?! Kyle and I are leaving for Portland tomorrow morning! Whoo hoo! I have been anxiously waiting since November for this to happen! I have a busy day today (see list below) and I can't wait to see family! It will be great to see Kyle's family too! I love my in-laws, I know it sounds cheesy but they are so much like my family it is just as fun to be with them! What a great life. In ward council last week we discussed the need to spread Christmas cheer. As we've been able to help with that I've been so thankful for that challenge. It has brought some cheer to us as well. So here is spreading the cheer to you!

Merry Christmas!!

Zu Machen Heute (My to do list!)

Shop for Primary Products

-Primary Bulliten Orders

-Distribution Center

Articles of Faith posters (cost $1, size 11 x 17
Picture of the new first presidency

Birthday gifts (more pencils, bracelets and journals)

CD of Primary Songs for each child?

-Puzzle Pieces (Invitations)

-Cardstock

-Table Cloths

Turn in Receipts to Brother Parrott

Create two week outline for Primary and Teachers 12/21 & 12/28

Scan & Get approval from Bishop on Substitute List

Buy Mom Scarf XXI

Send in Gas Bill

Get Oil Changed (Bring Coupon)

Hair Cut

Turn in Job Application (Ogden)

Clean out car (yuck)

Email Sis. Schults (get talks for this week)

Call Mom and Dad (26th Anniversary!)

Call Sub-teachers for Sunbeams & CTR 7's

Pack for visit Home!


2 comments:

Danielle said...

glad to hear your surgery went okay! I swear you and I are twins on crap we go through. lol. I NEVER got headaches/migraines and then when I was like 32 weeks prego or whatever I had excruciating ones every single night for like a week and half. And unfortunately you can't take hardly anything. Morphine did wonders. :) They never did figure out why I was getting them so bad but they just went away. Good luck and hopefully yours will magically go away RIGHT NOW. DId it work? dang, sorry. Could it be dentist related maybe?

Enjoy your Christmas with family!

Darm Family said...

I used to get the same kind of migraines all the time. I finally figured out what it was! Birth control! I tried many different kinds, but none made it better. Then when I went off birth control to get pregnant, they went away! After I had Claire the doctors were trying to get me to go back on it and I said no way! And I haven't had one since. Sometimes I might get the start of one, but that will just be because I am tired or something like that. Birth control will give you migraines because they fluctuate your blood pressure and your hormone levels, all which leads to migraines or headaches. If you are getting migraines around mother nature's visits (which is exactly when I would get them) then I am sorry to say that maybe birth control isn't for you. What would help me though when I did get them is when I felt one coming on I would take a Tylenol PM before bed so I could sleep through the pain better and then it was managable or nonexistant the next day. Good luck! You might want to look into different birth control methods (or you could just go off and have a baby). :) Merry Christmas!