This year was by far, the most fun birthday we've had with Hailey! At this age, things just 'clicked' for her and she could really understand all the birthday fun was about her! I was SO eager to make this day stand out from the rest, so I made sure to plan some special things for her.
Unfortunately Kyle, Kate and I all got sick just a couple days before Hailey's birthday, so we weren't getting very much sleep as it was. We were exhausted by the end of her birthday but I think we pulled it off without her noticing our tired faces.
Hailey woke up that morning at 8 a.m. to my singing "Happy Birthday" at her bedside. She just looked at me oddly for a few moments until she understood what was going on. She asked, "Is it my birthday today!?" I told her it was and we had to get ready for her big day. I rarely buy the expensive, sugary cereal (for both reasons) but offered it to her that morning. She was pretty excited about the 'square' cereal (Capt'n Crunch).
It was a preschool day, so she got dressed in her cute pink birthday skirt and I dropped her off at school. I then spent the next 3 hours preparing her gifts, doing 3 loads of laundry, and decorating! I went to pick her up from preschool with 2 giant birthday balloons. I'm telling you, 3-year-olds LOVE balloons. She just kept smiling and laughing a them. She had a birthday sticker on her shirt and told me the class had sang a birthday song to her! I love that preschool.
We went straight to lunch after preschool, where Hailey ordered a grilled cheese sandwich. Ha, it is so hard for me to justify spending $5 on a grilled cheese sandwich! But, it was her special day with mom, so grilled cheese it was! Juggling two kids alone at a restaraunt was not easy for me, but it was worth all the well wishes from strangers admiring my cute birthday girl! She told everyone, "I-3-old" and had a huge smile on her face when the waitress brought her a surprise sundae treat!
After lunch, it was time to come home and take a nap! She was pretty reluctant, what with all the balloons and decorations to play with. I finally convinced her to take a short nap, with the promise that when she woke up Daddy would be home to open presents.
During her nap, I edited some photos I had taken with Hailey a couple days prior. She was dressed in her Birthday Minnie Romper. It was mostly for her party invitations, but as usual, I ended up taking way too many photos, and it was hard to choose!
A little later that evening, it was time to open gifts and eat birthday cake!
 |
| One of her gifts from Mom and Dad! Her first pair of heels (Espadrille wedges)! |
 |
| Playing with daddy's gift to her, magnetic shapes! |
 |
| We let Hailey help decorate her cake. She loved scattering the sprinkles and placing the candles in a tight bunch. |
 |
| Hailey got a suprise when Grandma & Grandpa Carlson skyped with us during her birthday song, along with Aunt Missy and Stephanie. Kyle held up the camera for them to see Hailey, she loved it! |
 |
| This cracked me up, I had to include it! Everyone wore a silly hat or scarf while they sang 'Happy Birthday' to Hailey. You have to look close, but you can see 'Papa' in the back with a Mario cap on. Haha, I love my family!! |
 |
| Time for Cake!! |
 |
| Silly Hailey trying to eat her flower candles! |
 |
| A tired mommy with her birthday girl! |
 |
| We can't believe our sweet Rose is 3!! Everyday she grows into a more special and wonderful little girl. We love her and her fun spirit, our first born beauty! |
No comments:
Post a Comment