I am learning to really enjoy this small town we live in now. I have to find ways to get out of the house and enjoy the area around me, otherwise I start to feel very lonely and isolated! So today was a perfect opportunity to check out the nearby town of Morton, which seems to be the pumpkin capital of the world! The "Welcome" sign includes a giant pumpkin, and they host a huge pumpkin festival
everyone attends! So, we checked it out this morning in time for the parade. I was so excited to take Hailey, as we've never been to a parade with her. I can't remember the last time I saw a city parade either, so I guess I was excited to see it too.
 |
| The dress code was what else, Pumpkin Orange! |
 |
| We laid out our picnic blanket and found a little spot next to the street to wait for the parade to begin. |
 |
| Kate was asleep for the majority of the parade. |
 |
| It felt like we had waited for over an hour before it began. Once it did though, it was pretty good for such a little town! |
 |
| Love the Boy Scouts! |
 |
| It was so much warmer than I expected, we needed some homemade Lemonade to keep cool! Soooo Good! |
 |
| Several of the parties threw out candy for the kids, it was Hailey's first time scavenging for candy on the street. Haha, she was pretty timid, but came home with a nice bag full. |
 |
| Bagpipers, I loved these guys! So neat! |
 |
| Hailey waving to the princess floats! |
 |
| Kyle made me pull out the camera for this group, his favorite. |
It was long, but fun. The day was beautiful, and we all got some sun--I was lucky and got a tan, Kyle got a little pink, and poor Hailey got fried! She has such beautiful, porcelain white skin, and let's face it--we've lived in Oregon so long our skin has forgotten the touch of sunshine. Next year when the girls are a little older I'd like to stay and check out the craft booths and maybe some amusement rides as well, with the baby and the heat it was just too much to stay too long. It is exciting to have some fun things to look forward to next Fall in our little town!!
No comments:
Post a Comment