This day was one I'd been looking forward to since I had found out I was pregnant with our little Hailey Rose. Most parents lament the day when their child is old enough to spend half a day on their own at school. Not me! Hailey is such an active child, I knew that she would thrive in a school-type environment. She needed to get out and socialize with other children and learn how to respond to teachers and adults. I was nothing but thrilled for her. Her first day of Preschool was today and I made sure she had a pressed and clean outfit to wear, as well as a new book bag that Hailey had chosen. Keeping with tradition, we spent a few minutes on our front porch taking pictures of her first day! I was worried she would be scared and very shy upon arriving at the school, but she did fantastic! Her classroom was filled with toys and activities, I don't think she even noticed when I left. Let's hope this is the start of a long and healthy relationship with school! Way to go kid!
On Hailey's second day of school, she wore her Hawaii shirt from Aunt Missy. I was able to put her long hair in pigtails, which I thought was adorable! She was more nervous to attend school on this day, so she brought "Bear-Bear" along to comfort her. Her teacher allowed her to keep "Bear-Bear" for a bit, and then he went into her locker for a nap. :) She seemed okay with that!
No comments:
Post a Comment