Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Summer Boating

Well Summer decided to show up this year for a few weeks, and although we missed having a full season, we made sure to enjoy the time we did have together! :)

We got together with Kyle's parents and Derek and Mikael's family for a boating trip on the river. I was surprised how well we all still fit on the boat with all the kiddos! The trip turned out to be all about the kids, we had a new tube to use that seated like a couch, and so all the kids could ride (very slowly) behind the boat! Hailey loved the water and tubing! I can't wait to get her in swim lessons so I can have peace of mind while we are on the water, I see a lot of it in her future! All four kids swam in the water, took rides on the tubes, and took short naps on the boat. Only Derek, Karen and Miles got on the wakeboard since Kyle and I were running Hood to Coast the next weekend and didnt' want to take a chance getting injured. It was really fun to watch the cousins play together, Hailey loves her older cousin Makenzie, she is so sweet to Hailey.
I love these kids! They were all looking at the ducks near the harbor, cute little booties!
Karen clearing the wake!
Big cheesy grin :)
The thought of letting my not-yet-2-year-old ride on a tube behind a boat was crazy to me until I saw this 'couch' tube, and made Hailey's Grandpa agree to drive as SLOW as possible!
Kyle and Derek took 3 of the  kids out at the same time. Makenzie is a great swimmer now, so we were just very cautious with Asher and Hailey (who loved it!).
Everyone got a turn!
Makenzie and Hailey's favorite part seemed to be the swimming! They each splashed, squealed and chased floating leaves. So cute!
A small snack break. She is covered in towels because I was so worried about her getting sunburned, even after the SPF 50 was applied. She has her daddy's skin!
The Willamette River was cold!
Hailey has successfully napped each time we've spent a day on the boat.
...so have the twins! It was a great family day!

No comments: