Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Beach Highlights

Hailey and I have been to the beach a lot this summer! This has made my wonderful Kyle a little jealous. He is typically stuck at work on the days we go and find sunny weather. So we planned for a family Saturday trip that looked to be gorgeous at the coast, and it was! My mom, never one to miss out on a beach day, rounded the rest of the family up and came along with us! This beach we went to is called Arcadia, and we usually find it has the least wind, and is never crowded. There are only about 20 parking spaces, and you have to hike down a ways to get to the beach, but it is typically the perfect spot! Here are some highlights of our day-
 At first, Hailey was content to just sit in the sand and play with her shovel and bucket. I don't know where the mardi gra beads came from!
 Soon though, she discovered and embraced the OCEAN! :)
 She drew attention from a young couple who gave her this fully intact sand dollar. Unfortunately, Hailey's more into throwing objects than admiring them, so it only took one good toss to break it into peices...:(
 As usual, Hailey was too busy for photos, so I had to sneak them in where I could.
 She spent the majority of her time running circles on the beach. She'd run straight into the oncoming tide, then run screaming back onto the beach.
 I like the reflection from the water in this photo, although Hailey's a little blurry.
 She literally ran all day...
 More laughing and running from the waves.
 Flailing arms...haha!
 Kyle definitely enjoyed playing with his little Hailey this time around.
 We love the beach!
 Have I mentioned what a great dad this guy is? I am so lucky, Kyle is happiest when he is with his daughter digging in the sand, building castles and chasing her through the water.
This is the amazing moat/fort Kyle and Stephanie built. The tide came in fast during the last hour we spent on the beach. Luckily the engineer and the 6th grader saved our chairs and toys.
 Kyle overlooking his kingdom...haha :)
Look at that sky! Beautiful day! I think I'm warming up to being a Portlander...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Hailey with her arms out to the ocean. Awesome pic.