Thursday, September 29, 2011

Daddy-Daughter Campout!!

I don't know who was more excited for the annual daddy-daughter camp out this year, me or Kyle. Hailey has never been camping, and I was very interested to know how she would like sleeping in a tent. Our ward hosts one each year, and since we are new, this was Kyle and Hailey's first time! A member family volunteered their large backyard, complete with a chicken coop! Kyle came home from work a little early to get ready and pack up the car...

She looks so grown up!

Hailey seemed to know something was up while we were getting ready. She was so excited to help pack the car!
 Hailey was cheesin' it up for the camera! 
 When Kyle arrived right at 6:00, only two other dads were there. At first glance he was a little nervous, but Hailey ran right onto the play set and made herself at home. After about 30 minutes, almost the entire ward of daddy/daughters showed up, and by evening hours there were about 25 tents set up!
 Checking out the chicken coop!
 One of Hailey's favorite pastimes, the trampoline! 
 Everyone watched a movie together on a huge projector screen and made Smore's around the fire pit before bed. Kyle told me they went to bed around 10:30-11:00 p.m. Hailey had a hard time settling down, but eventually fell asleep. She was still smiling near midnight!
 Finally asleep in her sleeping bag...so cute!!!
 Good Morning! Hailey woke up around 6:30-7:00 a.m. and was fascinated by the tent! Kyle said she woke up jabbering about the big tent, the fire and everything from the night before!
All the dads made their daughters a pancake breakfast, while the little girls played. From what I heard, Hailey had a great time, and her daddy enjoyed taking her on her first campout!


I have to admit, I may have been a little bit crazy at home by myself all night. I called Kyle about 45 minutes after I dropped him and Hailey off and wanted to hear about all they were doing. I think he thought I was a little overbearing! In my defense, I am usually the parent who gets to do all the new and fun things with Hailey, and not being around for her first camp out was driving me crazy! I wanted to hear about everything she was feeling and experiencing...was she playing with the other girls, did she liked the tent, did she sleep well, what time she woke up, did she stay warm enough....?  Haha! Oh well, that's part of being a momma!

No comments: