My mom's birthday was in July right around when Daniel left for his mission. I knew we had to do something big, fun, and distracting for my momma's birthday because it was hard on her to have her only son leave the country for 2 years! Missy and I planned a luau party for her, since her dream is to visit the Hawaiian Islands. Until we can afford to take her there, this will have to do!
Happy Birthday Momma!
Missy really took it up a notch by wearing and providing many original Hawaiian accessories and clothing!
Hailey dressed up for the fun. We also gave everyone name tags with their Hawaiian name on them.
Missy taught Steph and I how to hula dance, and we performed for my mom. It was great! Missy and Steph are especially talented with the hula hip action! :)
Cake!
Everyone dressed up and looked great!
Hailey really enjoyed helping opening all the birthday gifts for her grandma!
Our photo backdrop--
We had Kahlua Pork, rice, fresh fruit and rolls out on our porch.


Even Dad found an old Hawaiian print Tee!
Steph posing with the backdrop!
Hailey took over the lei's pretty quickly. She loved all her 'necklaces'!
After dinner, presents, cake and our questionairre game w opened up the coconut to try the milk inside.
It was pretty nasty!!! But we did break up the coconut and take bites, it was actually pretty good-and tasted like an almond!
And we played a little bit of family "Rock Band" after cake and ice cream!
Dad groovin'!
Concentration...
We rocked it late into the night!
My mom is such a wonderful lady. She is easily able to carry on a conversation with anyone, and makes everyone around her feel good. She is funny, sweet, and willing to help at anytime. She takes her responsibilities seriously, but is always looking for a good laugh with friends! I'm lucky to see a lot of similarities in her and I, and I'm so grateful to have them! In a priesthood blessing I received when I was 18, I was told to remember how my mother and father rallied their children around them in love and comfort, and to try and emulate that with my own children. Heavenly Father knows what a wonderful woman my mother is, and wants me to follow and learn from her kind ways. I hope I can continue to do that each year!
I love you Mom!!
4 comments:
I love your mom and the whole Carlson family! What a fun celebration.
Bleh I hated that coconut :( The coconut milk was the worst
This is so cute!!! I LOVE YOUR FAMILY!!!
I love your mom too. And I am super impressed with the whole celebration that you girls put on for her. IT looks like it was a blast! Way to go!
Post a Comment