Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Salem Anniversary Trip

We had a great trip to Salem for 2 1/2 days! Hailey was in good hands with Grandma and Grandpa Monson! We went to the Woodburn shopping outlets, visited downtown riverside, hiked Silver Falls, and had delicious dinners! Oh and did I mention chocolate cake in my pj's in bed!? A wonderful trip!

Our Hotel
Silver Falls 8 mile hike! We saw 9 waterfalls, beautiful!
Walking behind the South Falls. Look how close you can get to all that falling tons of water!

We spied this owl on the trail, it was so cool to see!
This is North Falls, and one we were able to walk behind. It looks so far away in this photo but really it was only about a mile and half from where we were standing.
Kyle was tired of me snapping photos and wouldn't take a serious picture. This is the most appropriate photo I got.
We had sunshine and blue skies most of the hike, it was great!
Twin Falls
Underneath the waterfalls, the rock was worn away by the water and you could walk inside the cave, very neat experience!
Standing behind the waterfall.
Hailey's outfits after shopping at Woodburn! Whoo!!
Waterfront in Salem.
Whats an Anniversary without a few kisses?
Our concierge made sure to tell us more than a few times that this carousel was hand carved and painted.
Our stay at the Red Lion. We made sure to drop the hint that this was our anniversary and they upgraded our room to a suite!
The best anniversary gift! A massage at a very nice Portland Spa!
I can't wait to use it.
My sweetie!
What did I tell you about the chocolate cake?! YUM!

2 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

That cake looks delicious! Beautiful falls! It seems like you had a very fun anniversary!

Allison said...

So fun! Happy Anniversary! I LOVE Kyle's "appropriate" picture. hahha!