Friday, May 14, 2010

Our New Home

We are finally settled! We have a nice covered deck, new carpet (important for our little crawler), storage, and most important to me--its clean! I decided not to paint. I couldn't choose a color and my sister-in-law gave me some great advice on how to decorate with accents instead. She has a really fun blog Starter Home to Dream Home where I got some of my ideas.

I was really tired of using the same red theme in my kitchen. Red was everywhere in my old apartment. In the kitchen, the living room, and the bathroom. Red is OUT. So I am really experimenting with a lot of color. As you can see, I made this wall art (inspired here) and really wanted to bring a fun energy into the kitchen/dining area. I'm hoping its not too many colors. I'm a little nervous about it looking like the theme for a children's play room. But for now I LOVE it!
Kyle and I have made some changes in our diets. Fruits & veggies are IN! Starches OUT. We're getting used to it. :)
This is Hailey's room (can you tell? all that PINK!)--I bought fabric and made the drapes without a sewing machine!! I can't thread a bobbin, so the discovery of "Stitch Witchery" and the tutorial found on Mikael's webpage here was heaven sent!! Yay! Hailey is lucky she has TWO very talented grandma's who made her crib set for her! Karen made the gorgeous butterfly quilt and my mom matched fabric and finished her bedding to bring it all together! THANK YOU!


Don't mind the little munchkin on the floor


Our master bedroom looks much the same. I can only do, and afford one room at a time. The living room is a work in progress. I just can't figure the best way to set up our furniture. But for now I'm happy with it! I love having our own space!


3 comments:

Bethany Sines said...

that is awesome! i love those ideas. you said fruits and veggies in, starches out.....aren't some fruits and veggies still starches though? apples? potatoes? explain what you mean cause i don't want to be eating something wrong and think that it's right.

Harris Family said...

what a cute place! You did a great job putting things together.

Danielle said...

your house looks great! love the artwork over the table! :)