Our little gummy bear baby!I'm predicting she will be a little girl and Kyle thinks it will be a boy. We both will be thrilled with whoever our little one turns out to be! Yayyy!!!
Our 1st OBGYN Appointment: Well family and friends we saw our little one today! WOW what a cool experience! Our appointment was pretty long, (about 2 hours) and we found out we are exactly on track. The baby is 11 weeks and 2 days! It has a healthy heart beat and is growing well! We got the best ultrasound pictures! We did find out that I have a tilted uterus, which apparently is fairly common. Dr. Young (who we love) told us that rarely are there any problems with women with tilted uterus(es?), so he will keep checking up on us about every four weeks to make sure everything is ok! He did tell me that I was fairly dehydrated (probably due to the vomiting and nausea) and he prescribed me three different nausea medications. Whoo hoo! :) He said that I will need to monitor how much I'm vomiting and if I have another day of 7 or more "episodes" then he'd like me to come in and be connected to an IV as a precaution for the baby's health.
We got a bag full of sample prenatal vitamins and supplements and magazines and books about becoming new parents! We will also be deciding this week whether we will have some prenatal screening done. Dr Young strongly recommends it for any pregnant woman and he gave us quite a lot of information about it. So we will look through it and decide. They are doing some blood work, checking for any abnormalities with my thyroids and my metabolic count and we will see Dr. Young next on April 6th!
He told us that typically he likes us to come in around the 20th week for the ultrasound that lets us know the gender! We can't believe how fast this is happening. He did say I will probably continue to be nauseous for another 3 weeks, but should see some significant improvement by then. Whew!
Thank you for all your love and support! We are just ecstatic now! Seeing your first baby in an ultrasound and hearing her heartbeat is THE most amazing thing I've experienced! What a blessing! :)
Our 1st OBGYN Appointment: Well family and friends we saw our little one today! WOW what a cool experience! Our appointment was pretty long, (about 2 hours) and we found out we are exactly on track. The baby is 11 weeks and 2 days! It has a healthy heart beat and is growing well! We got the best ultrasound pictures! We did find out that I have a tilted uterus, which apparently is fairly common. Dr. Young (who we love) told us that rarely are there any problems with women with tilted uterus(es?), so he will keep checking up on us about every four weeks to make sure everything is ok! He did tell me that I was fairly dehydrated (probably due to the vomiting and nausea) and he prescribed me three different nausea medications. Whoo hoo! :) He said that I will need to monitor how much I'm vomiting and if I have another day of 7 or more "episodes" then he'd like me to come in and be connected to an IV as a precaution for the baby's health.
We got a bag full of sample prenatal vitamins and supplements and magazines and books about becoming new parents! We will also be deciding this week whether we will have some prenatal screening done. Dr Young strongly recommends it for any pregnant woman and he gave us quite a lot of information about it. So we will look through it and decide. They are doing some blood work, checking for any abnormalities with my thyroids and my metabolic count and we will see Dr. Young next on April 6th!
He told us that typically he likes us to come in around the 20th week for the ultrasound that lets us know the gender! We can't believe how fast this is happening. He did say I will probably continue to be nauseous for another 3 weeks, but should see some significant improvement by then. Whew!
Thank you for all your love and support! We are just ecstatic now! Seeing your first baby in an ultrasound and hearing her heartbeat is THE most amazing thing I've experienced! What a blessing! :)
4 comments:
You are so sure it is a girl! I really hope you are having a girl! They say that if the heart rate is really fast then it is probably a girl. You are so cute and excited! I am happy for you.
isn't just the best seeing them during the ultrasound?! excited for you on all the anti-nausea meds...so wonderful. lol.
Ultrasounds are the best! It makes it seem so real. I always thought we were having a boy and ta-da IT'S A BOY. Hopefully you'll be right! I hope you feel better!
thanks becca! my doctor prescribed phenergan, i'm going to pick up the prescription today. hopefully it will work. if not, maybe i'll have to zofran. does it make you drowsy? the dr. said phenergan might make me drowsy.
Post a Comment