Monday, February 16, 2009

You know you're pregnant....

It's true! We are expecting and are very anxious and excited! I couldn't keep the news private for long--and Kyle had even a harder time. Unfortunately, this wonderful news came early to family and ward members due to my absence from phone calls, activities and primary. Morning sickness is pretty uncomfortable for me, and I'm looking forward to week 12 and on when it may begin to calm down. Right now, it is making my productivity level near zero. I should have known it would be bad for me, I already have such an ornery digestive system and weak stomach, I guess I should have guessed it would be tough for the first while!

Baby is due September 21st! Just three months before Kyle will graduate and he will be able to work full time! (finally!!!) We have been reading all the new baby books and doing our research on the Internet about what stage of growth our little fetus is in. It is so fascinating! Kyle especially enjoys learning how big (or small) the baby is each week. We feel so lucky and blessed to be given this opportunity! For all of my friends who are pregnant or who recently have been, I've been secretly stalking your blogs reading all that you are sharing about your pregnancies so I have a better idea of what it will be like further on! We have our first appointment with the OBGYN on March 6th. I will be about 12 weeks at that point so we're all crossing our fingers for an ultrasound! :)

So for posterity's, (or baby's) sake--I've made a list of my feelings and symptoms that are all fun experiences that come with the little one growing inside me! :)

1. You know you’re pregnant when...you've taken more than one test and they were all positive!!! :)

2. You know you are pregnant when those comfort foods you used to love, are not only now unappealing, but actually stomach churning.

3. You know you are pregnant when you go to bed at 8:30pm even on weekends because you just can't stay awake any longer.

4. You know you're pregnant when you bawl uncontrollably because you're stuck in traffic.

5. You know you're pregnant when you feel like the Amazon River couldn't provide enough water to quench your thirst.

6. You know you're pregnant when you start to worry for the safety of others if you can't figure out what to eat in the next 10 minutes.

7. You know you're pregnant when you alternate between extreme love and happiness toward your husband and extreme frustration and annoyance, and there is no middle ground.

8. You know you are pregnant when your nose is better than a hound dog.

9. When you feel seasick 24/7, but then still get so hungry that you think you could eat a whole cake in one sitting, or enough pasta to feed four people.

10. You know you’re pregnant when you look in your bottle of vitamins and all of them look like something a veterinarian would give to a horse.

11. You know you’re pregnant when you actually look forward to going to your OBGYN.

12. You know you are pregnant when you clean the toilet as you’re are vomiting or waiting on the next hurl.

13. You know you're pregnant when you spend a Friday night in the baby section of Wal-Mart and actually have fun.

14. You know you’re pregnant when Nacho Libre makes you cry, cause you realize you are going to get as fat as Jack Black.

15. You know you're pregnant when your normal no-big-deal visits to the grocery store are now your worst nightmare to complete due to the evil smells

16. You know you're pregnant when you're actually proud of yourself for going around in unbuttoned pants all day without anyone noticing!

17. You know you're pregnant when you go from not being a breakfast or snack person to NEEDING to eat every hour and a half, starting immediately when you wake up, or you'll be sick!

18. When the only thing you can think of from the second you get off work is getting home and busting out of those dress clothes and most importantly the bra...sport bras are my new best friend, but don't work too well with my work clothes.


7 comments:

Shera said...

Hahaha!! I am sorry that you are so sick. It will all be worth it though. Lemon heads helped me...but I never got too sick...Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Oh man Becca... I too was soooo sick during pregnancy. The grocery store was a nightmare because of the smells. It used to help me to make sure I was chewing gum or eating a fruit snack or something so that I didn't throw up while grocery shopping. I used to keep a granola bar on my nightstand and some mornings I would eat it before even sitting up in bed. It seemed to help a little. One other thing that seemed to help me was taking a B12 vitamin and half a Unisom tablet before I went to sleep. Good luck! Shera is right, it is totally worth it.

Rich and Nicole said...

Becca! i am soooo happy for you guys! all those things about knowing when yuo are pregnant is totally true! Your due date is a week after my birthday! and my sis is laws due date is the same as yours!

Greg and Carly said...

Yeah! Congrats! I'm so excited for you! I hope you feel better soon!

Darm Family said...

I never understood why the PG vitamins are so HUGE. I mena you are already so sick sometimes that you are trying to gag down water. So why do they think that you would be able to swallow a horse viatmin?! I totally agree with you on the NEEDING to eat. I always felt like if I was starving to death and if I didn't eat right then i would die of starvation!! I also fell in LOVE with Chicfila. I don't advise that though unless you want to gain a ton of weight like I did. Good luck with the morning sickness. It is worth it when you see their face.

Ashley said...

yay for babies! my first appointment was about 12 weeks, and my doctor liked to do the first ultrasound before 13, so hopefully you'll get to see your little one...it is amazing!

Candace said...

Congratulations!! We are excited for you! I loved this post -- funny but not funny at the same time... I hope you get feeling better soon and that your first appointment was all you hoped it would be! Yay for babies!