
We love Portland because our families both live there and we were so excited when we calculated our expenses and figured we could afford to make a trip home this summer! Whoo hoo! So we went woke up at 3:45am to begin our trip to Portland early Thursday morning. We made the trip fast--11 hours! When we got to my house, my mom had a huge dinner waiting for us! We then went over to the Monson's and traveled to Tualatin to visit our new twin nephews and neice at Mikael and Derek's! It was awesome, such tiny baby boys- we can't wait to see how they'll grow by Christmas! Afterwards we went back to the Monson's and stayed the night.

The next morning was the fourth, Happy Independence Day! We got up early and went to my parents Springville home ward breakfast celebration. My mom sang in the ward choir and we sang patriotic hymns, read from the declaration, bill of rights, and Gettysburg address. It was a great start to the day. I've always been patriotic, and so I go all out on Independence Day--Kyle and I wore matching american tshirts. I don't think he thought they were as great as I did! But we looked good! :) We went boating with the Monson's afterwards and my brother Daniel came with us. We went tubing and I learned that my brother is a monster on the tubes! He flat out tackeled me on the tube, tipping us over and I got a lung full of Willamette water. yuck! It was a great time, I loved it! After boating, we went back to the Monson's and showered and had a great BBQ dinner of steak, corn on the cob and shiskabob vegtables! It was so nice to have such great dinners! After dinner we headed out to both families tradition of watching the Oak Hills Fireworks Show! I met up with Ashley (Francis) Blevins and Kimbre (Meyers) Zurker. These girls were such good friends growing up in high school and in Laurels and especially Girls Camp! haha it was great to see them! We watched the fireworks up close, we were lucky to have friends who found us a spot right up front. We ate some snacks and cuddled under the night show! Our day still had a little while to go! We went back to the Monson's where we had our own mini fireworks show! The English neighbors across the street probably thought we were crazy to do this at midnight, but luckily they didn't come outside their house and lets us celebrate our Independence!



After our long fourth celebration, we enjoyed sleeping in Saturday. We took care of some business--such as getting Kyle's hair cut, washing and waxing our car, and shopping for Stephanie's birthday gift. We went to lunch that day with my family to Godfather's Pizza, a favorite of Kyles'. He worked there for nearly five-six years as a teenager. That was a fun, relaxing day. In the evening we went to the movie, "Hancock" with Kyle's family. It was ok, defenitly different. There was a lot of swearing in it so I don't totally recommend it. We did get to see Grandpa and Grandma Monson though, I'm glad we saw them over the weekend. We went back to my house after the movie and my family began a rigorous game of Monopoly. That became the game of the weekend. Me, Kyle, Stephanie, Missy and Daniel played some long games that night! We had to take a break to go over the Jones's to watch some more fireworks. We played pretty late that night, and my mom and I stayed up until 2:00 AM picking and choosing 50 pictures from 311 of our wedding. WHEW!




Sunday was fun, it was Stephanie's birthday we after church we celebrated with Pizza for dinner and she opened her presents afterwards. Kyle and I got her a kite and a candy bar poster, something she had asked for specfically! We had some great cake and ice cream and watched "National Treasure" with the family. Again we had a late night playing games but got packed and went to bed for our trip home the next day.







Monday we left Portland at about 9:30 am, we took our time getting out. Noone wanted to leave but we eventually did and we arrived in Provo at 10:00. Now we are back in Provo- planning our next trip home! Thanks Moms and Dads for a great weekend!
3 comments:
I am very jealous!!! I am glad you had fun!!!
This is Diane, Kyle's cousin and yours :) heehee
FUN trip! Adorable pictures! Kyle needs to grow up and learn by now he is going to wear matching shirts with you :) heehee
Cute blog
I love vacations! This looks so fun!
Post a Comment