Monday, October 24, 2011

One Cute Chef

Lately I've been getting some help in the kitchen from a very eager chef. She hasn't always been the most helpful, (splattered spaghetti sauce everywhere) but she is the sweetest.

Hailey's Great-Grandma & Grandpa Monson grew dozens of tomatoes this summer, and generously gave us about 10-12 of them. I was so excited to make some homemade spaghetti sauce with fresh tomatoes, it was delicious! I was even able to freeze a few bottles!


Last Sunday, we decided to make up some treats to deliver to family and friends. On my new favorite site-Pinterest- I found a cute pumpkin rice krispie recipe to try. Hailey was right there with us, and I loved the look on her face while she helped mommy and daddy cook. Again, it was worth the sticky, spilled cereal on the floor (especially because Kyle cleaned it up) !


My wonderful family!

3 comments:

Bethany Sines said...

So yes, it can be incredibly stressful and annoying to see the messes kids make, but it makes me SOOOOOO happy to see somebody choose the better part over that. Having my kids help me cook has been a lifelong desire of mine because I feel it does WONDERS for the kids. so to see this post makes me so happy. THank you for letting your baby girl cook with you two!!!! You're such an awesome example.

The Monsons said...

Thanks Bethany!!! So sweet.

Karen said...

This so reminds me of a picture I have of Kyle helping in the kitchen at about Hailey's age. I will have to find it. So cute. And keep it up, it will get easier!