Since two weeks ago-- when we found out our landlords were raising our rent by $170 a month --we have been searching nonstop for a place to live! I hate searching for homes, I must be picky because I always have a severe case of anxiety throughout the entire process. We looked at several townhouses to rent, and a few single family homes in our budget before we started to feel pretty good about one in particular. The night before we were to sign for the home we spoke to a police officer and he gave us a
terrible review of the area. I think his exact phrasing was, "That neighborhood is the last place I'd look for housing, it has the highest crime rate including assault, robbery and murder..."
I was a little heartbroken.
Needless to say, we did not sign that lease and moved our search in a different direction (literally). However, we have been blessed and I am happy to announce that we have found "the one"! Yay! I am most excited about this home because, well-it is a HOME! We won't have to deal with shared walls, we get much more privacy-including a small fenced yard, and a garage! Yipee!
This 3-bedroom home is located west of where we currently live, so we will be moving out of the Stake. We are sad to leave the ward we have only been in for a year, and we loved how close to family we were, although we will still be within 25 minutes of everyone. :)
8 comments:
Its so cute! Yay!
That is way cute!! I am excited for you guys!!
how exciting!!! congrats!!
Congratulations! It's adorable and I hope in a safer neighborhood!
how exciting! man, smart idea about talking to a police officer about the neighborhood-never thought of doing that.
That is really really cute beeza keeza! I'm so excited for you to have your own house. I can't wait to come visit!
what a cute house!
How fun you are going to be closer. we will have to go run.
Post a Comment