Well spring has decided to show up! And on a perfect weekend too! Saturday we spent a few sunny hours at my parent's house in 70-degree weather to have a Easter Egg Hunt! This was Hailey's first, and she picked up on it all pretty quick. By the way, parents- what do you put in Easter eggs for small toddlers? I was worried about all that chocolate, so I substituted some goldfish crackers in a few eggs. In the end though, Hailey got to the chocolate and ate it all!
*Warning - There are about 30 pictures to follow. I am using my blog books as photo albums as well, so prepare yourself for some serious scrolling! :)
Hailey found some of the eggs that were meant for the adult hunt, she was determined to get to this one under a thorny rose bush!
Luckily, daddy helped her out!
Hailey loved the egg hunt. She would leave her basket at a central location in the yard, then run to each egg she could see exclaiming, "ooohhh!!" each time.
After we let Hailey loose for 10 minutes, we let the adults out to find the eggs that me, my dad and mom had hid. We were all pretty confident that we each had the best hiding spot.
Adult Egg Hunt:
I love that Kyle willingly participates in funny things like this. Not many 26-year-old men will enthusiastically search for Easter eggs with a pink basket, but my husband will! I love him!
Steph did a great job, and LOVES having a full house for the holidays! She constantly reminds us of how happy she is when all her siblings are home together. Especially Missy!
This picture is funny to me, as all four of them are looking in different directions for the "golden egg" that had $5 in it! Daniel, Missy, Steph and Roy.
One of my eggs was the last to be found! I was extra proud of my hiding technique, it blends right in! Can you see it?
Missy and Roy with their loot.
Kyle found the "golden egg", thus the happy smirk on his face!
Daniel will be a great father some day, he loves to play with Hailey and will do anything to make her happy. She is the only one who can catch his attention around our house!
Hailey perfected the word "candy" this day. When she found out there were treats in the eggs she sat herself down in the grass and started tearing through them!
Kyle was unconcerned about her chocolate consumption.
The whole gang enjoying our first 70-degree day! Much needed!
Hailey enjoyed some R&R while we all soaked up the sun.
And finally, a SMILE! We never manage to capture her sweet smile on camera, but I was determined to get one all day, and succeeded! In fact, I made the photo extra large!
Very happy girl!
1 comment:
She looks so cute hunting for Easter eggs! I am jealous of your weather. It was so gloomy here!
Post a Comment