Thursday, October 7, 2010

A healthy first year!

Hailey is in excellent health. Yay! I really need to mention more often how grateful I am for her health. I have many friends and family whose little ones need much more attention from physicians and nurses, and many who battle mild to severe health issues from birth on. I can't believe how well Hailey has been this last year. She has yet to get sick...seriously. The closest she has come to "sick" has been a sniffley nose sometime last March. Although she has had her ups and downs with sleeping, eating and the newly arrived tantrums, her health has always been great. For that we could not be more grateful!

What has been out of the ordinary is how many pediatricians Hailey has been to in her first year of life. We've changed jobs, moved states, had private insurance, qualified for the Oregon Health Plan, changed jobs again, etc. Because of this, Hailey has visited over 5 different doctors for her usual wellness checkups. All have been great, but I'm anxious to have one doctor to see and know, and for them to really know her.


We have produced a tall little girl. She was a tad longer than is normal at birth, but Hailey now rivals the growth spurt of a bamboo tree! She has reached a tall 32 1/2 inches at 1 year-old! She can literally reach the edge of my kitchen counter, which makes me suddenly aware of all the utensils, cookware, and stove burners that I use with her walking at my feet! Yikes!

(Karen made that cute skirt, I love it!!)

The doctor also praised her verbal skills, saying they were that of an 16-month-old. She said she had great speech rhythm (?) and was impressed how Hailey would steadily look you in the eyes while she babbled incoherently.

Haha, she IS a Carlson!! :)

So congrats little rose, you sure are loved!
We raise our whole milk glasses to you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Hailey's skirt!!!

Merkley Jiating said...

That hat is so cute!

That is Sam's dad playing Settlers with him. They are twinners. No joke. It is crazy how similar they look. So I wouldn't be surprised if Alex grew up to look just like them.