1.) The first 3 days I felt like I was STARVING about 97% of the day. It was tough to stay on track. But after day three my body seemed to adjust and I wasn't hungry anymore!
2.) I worked out 1 measly day this week! (Monday)--Tuesday I had a hair appt. then I made a trip to the Columbia Outlet store with my inlaws, then I went straight to work and came home exhausted. Kyle works Wed. through Sat. so no one was home to watch Hailey. It is tough getting to a gym during the week with a teething 6 month old. However next week is Spring Break and I don't work so I should be able to get an hour in a day where I could find a babysitter for Hailey.
3.) I really had to stick to counting calories. It really is amazing how quickly things add up when you grab a snack here and there. However, I stayed below 1500 calories each day (with the exception of 1)
4.) My trick for not losing milk production while on this low cal diet was WATER. LOTS OF WATER!! As long as I was drinking around 9-10 cups a day I was doing fine in my production. Also-Hailey does take formula during the day as well, so she seems unaffected.
5.) You have to give yourself a "free" day or you'll go insane! Mine was Monday. I had a cup and a half of ice cream and it was delicious...!! (Also, nearly 400 calories...) ha! This day I stayed under 2000 calories even with the ice cream!
So with all this in mind, I was able to lose 5 pounds!!! That is huge for me so I am definitely happy with my first week. I know that you always lose quickly when you are first starting a diet so I am still sticking to my goal of 2-3 pounds a week. I don't expect to lose 5 pounds in a week again...however, wouldn't that be nice?!
Here are my stats:
Goal: 20 lbs
Achieved: -5 lbs
Weight to lose: 15 lbs
4 comments:
Beeeeeeza! That's awesome! Congrats! I am feeling just the opposite- haha I haven't gained any weight yet but I definitely popped this week!
Way to go Becca! That is awesome and so motivating for me. I just need to buckle down and do what you're doing. I have about 10-15 left still and I haven't been doing much about it. Thanks for the motivation!!
YAHOO! Way to go Becca!!! That is so exciting and such a boost to start out that well. :) Yeah, I'm horrible at remembering to drink enough water so that's always been one of my biggest obstacles. I just need to walk around with a water IV in. lol. Congrats again!
congrats!!!! Stick to it. I know it is way tough but you are doing amazing.
Post a Comment