Thursday, January 29, 2009

Successfully.....Employed!

I've never been so grateful to have a full-time job before! Lots of searching, interviewing and getting no calls has brought me to this job opportunity with none other--the very company I started working for when I was 16. :)
Now I realize that real estate isn't exactly what it used to be 8 years ago, (definitely a buyer's market-if you've got the $$$)--but I came into RE/MAX Results with a lot of prior knowledge and a good background working with RE/MAX Equity Group Inc. in Portland, Oregon. So yay! I landed a 40 hours/week job with benefits! Whoo hoo! Because the declining economy is hitting everywhere, our company has already laid off 4 full time office managers since I started (which was two weeks ago)! They are now consolidating their resources and dividing all those tasks to the left-over office managers. I am working as the Office Manager for the Spanish Fork, UT branch as well as the Orem Branch's Transaction Coordinator. So yes, I drive to and from Spanish Fork and Orem everyday. I'm also the owner's personal assistant (at least that is what he's telling agents) and I'm running a new agent training program called "Training with Results". I'm going to be honest, it is a lot of work and I'm exhausted (hence the absence from blogging lately).
Nonetheless Kyle and I couldn't be more grateful for this job (just as our medical bills are coming in from Gallbladder surgery). Hooray!

3 comments:

Diane said...

CONGRATS! on the new job. just one question... who has this job? Rebecca or Kyle? :)

Lori said...

That is awesome!! Congrats Becca

Mikael said...

YAY!! Having a full time NEW job opportunity is just a gold mind right now in this economy where all people are doing is layoffs. You are way lucky. And I am sure they love you because you are a hard worker and good at what you do :)