Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentines

This Valentine's Day was a bit of a letdown in our house. It started on Monday night, when Hailey began complaining during Family Home Evening that her tummy hurt. If anyone else had said it, I would have brushed it off. But I know my girl, and she never complains about tummy aches. The only time she has, she vomited within 2-hours. So I was nervous, but not ready to acknowledge what was coming.

She began coughing uncontrollably around midnight, and started throwing up repeatedly until 5 a.m. that morning. Kyle was a huge help that night, he had to be, because around 3 a.m. I began feeling nauseated  Mind you, I hadn't had the stomach flu for years, so this was a huge disappointment  There is nothing I despise more than vomiting. So while Hailey's illness calmed down, mine was just getting started. I was sick the next day, and it lasted a full 48-hours before I could even think about eating again. Hailey's seemed to only last 24-hours, and Kate eventually got the stomach bug, but was only mildly affected.

I had such fun plans for the girls and Kyle for Valentine's Day on Thursday. I was so disappointed I wasn't able to prepare and carry out my plans. I announced that Valentine's Day was rescheduled for the weekend, when we could all enjoy it healthy!

Matching Valentine PJ's! Our two little love bugs!
Once I had enough energy to put together our V-day party, we had a great time. I made a special breakfast for the family (chocolate chip muffins, bacon, eggs and grape juice), and we sat around our 'love' table with heart plates and glitter decorations. I had a special craft to do with Hailey while Kyle and Kate spent time playing with the rubber ducky he had given both girls as a gift. Kyle had written me a beautiful card and poem, along with hidden treats all over the house for me to find. Hailey received a special heart necklace from Kyle and I, and we told her it was a very 'grown-up' necklace and she'd have to take special care of it. She was very excited. 

Although it was belated, we enjoyed our family day of love! We have so much fun together, especially during holidays. Everyday is full of love, and sometimes a little screaming, whining, vomiting and crying. Haha! Happy Valentine's Day!! :)

1 comment:

Karen said...

What a lovely family!