Friday, May 18, 2012

Pregnancy Blues

I want my body back! My sis-in-law wrote a great post about pregnancy (we are due 1-day apart!), and how no mother sacrifices her body to her growing baby for just 9-months. Her conclusion was that the entire ordeal takes about 2-years, which includes:

(9-months) Pregnancy: Nausea, Vomiting, Hating Food, Sleepiness, Lethargy, Lack of motivation, Lack of the "activity" that got you pregnant in the first place, weight gain, low self-esteem, feeling ugly, varicose veins, cellulite, mood changes, frequent bathroom trips, uncomfortable sleep, back problems/pain, stretch marks, etc....
(12-Months) Postpartum: Engorged breasts, Sleepless nights, Baby Blues and the long road of weight loss!
(3-4 Months) Weaning Baby and Life: Nursing ends, lose those last 5-10 pounds, buy some new clothes, and restore your relationship with hubby! 

FINALLY, 2-years after your pregnancy began- you finally start to feel like yourself again! Read her hilarious post here!

I know exactly what she is talking about. I am now 32-weeks, and feeling more like my daughter's giant stuffed bear than an active mom and woman. I am just not myself! My personality is off, my ambition gone, and I am just so darn uncomfortable! This swollen belly feels like it's going to burst, and I've got another 8-weeks left to expand! My shirts don't fit, the waistband on my pregnancy pants are too tight, and my bra-extender is on it's last hook! I can no longer get up from the couch without bracing myself with both hands, I'm winded walking up our single flight of stairs, and the only comfortable position for me is reclined. I constantly feel 10-degrees warmer than anyone around me, and  I'm claustrophobic all the time.  I can't even cuddle with my husband! Poor Hailey can't sit with me in a chair, since my belly has recently taken up all the room on my lap. 

I miss ME! 

I am FUN, creative, strong-willed, ambitious, and occasionally adventurous! I like to be out of the house DOING things, rather than biding my time on the couch trying to keep my breakfast down each morning. :(

So the countdown is on-

Becca's Restoration Commences (aka: baby arrival) in:    
2-months / 8-weeks / 60-days.

 I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....!!!



4 comments:

Bethany Sines said...

YES YOU CAN!! : )

this post was hilarious, btw. I could add a million things to that list. I think one of the hardest parts of pregnancy for me is knowing that nobody else truly knows how you feel. Other women and other pregnancies differ so much, and husbands can feel sympathy but really don't have any clue how much pain/discomfort you're actually in. I just keep reminding myself that this is all temporary and that when it's over we will miss it profoundly. Maybe not right away, but when we're done having kids we'll have sweet memories of the times when we had to let our kids watch TV or play by themselves while we struggled to stay awake/keep breakfast down/find a comfortable position/stop heartburn/alleviate swelling/endure dizziness over on the couch. : ) You can DEFINITELY do this!!! You only have a few more weeks left!!! One day at a time the weeks will tick away and you will have your baby in no time.

Allison said...

Go Beeeeeza! You can do it! Oh man, it really is so hard. Luckily you are in the home stretch, almost there! Love you- good luck these next few weeks! I want to talk to you when you get a chance to breathe!

Shera said...

You are so close!!!!!! You can do it!!

Mikael said...

we can do it!!! and i have to add that it is cruel that the dr has to weighme everytime!!!! oh, then he rubs it in that i have gained 60 lbs!!!! thanx doc, not like I dont hate myself already!!!