These are a little late but I couldn't let our Six Flags trip escape the blog! We managed to make a day trip up to Valencia, CA after my parents left for Sacramento while we were staying with my grandparents in L.A. It was Kyle's dream, he's never been to a large amusement park so he was VERY excited to go to Magic Mountain. I haven't been since my trip six years ago to Knott's Berry Farm. I didn't think much of it because I've always enjoyed large thrill rides and roller costers. I've never got sick or been too scared of them. Well things change!
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed most of the rides--but 9 high speed, looping, twirling, thrusting and spinning roller coasters in eight hours wore on me. After every two or three rides I had to go sit down and retrieve my stomache from my chest and stop my head from spinning. Not only that, but I have acquired my father's uneasiness of heights. As the coaster would begin its painfully slow climb to its highest point, my body tightened up and my knuckles turned white as I gripped onto the seemingly frail padded bars that were saving my body from a 150 foot fall. I know it sounds silly coming from a 23-year-old, but I don't have the physical stamina that I did when I was younger! Ha! It was a fun day none the less, but most likely one of the last all day amusement trips I'll take!
The most crazy ride of them all. ughh....
3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I still think nothing compares to Cedar Point though. I loved our trip there growing up. We always had so much fun. I agree with you though on the stamina. How did we just keep going and going back then?
That looks like so much fun!! I know what you mean...I get queezy after swinging on a swing these days...it's weird!! and you are looking super skinny my friend!
There's one there called "Tatsu"...I think, anyways, it's the one where instead of sitting, they tilt your seat forward so you're supposed to feel like your flying??? ...unfortunately the only sensation I felt was feeling like I was going to die. lol. I don't think I could ever do that one again. Xtreme was awesome though! ...totally my favorite. :)
-katie
Post a Comment